It’s not a stretch to say that André the Giant lived in a different world from the rest of us. Standing at 7 feet 4 inches tall and weighing in at 550 pounds, André the Giant was famed for his unbelievable physical feats, including drinking over 150 beers in one sitting. Here are twenty-one photographs that truly put his size in perspective:
1. André the Giant lifted Arnold Schwarzenegger in the air while shooting Conan the Destroyer, 1984.
2. André meets professional boxer Bobby Chacon in 1979.
3. Referred to unofficially as the “greatest drunk on Earth,” André once allegedly drank over 150 beers in one sitting.
4. André’s size made most objects he interacted with look like toys.
5. By age 12, André was 6’3″ and weighed 240 pounds.
7. André could carry four women at a time.
8. André took center stage at the first ever WrestleMania held in 1985 at Madison Square Garden.
9. André stands next to some of his competitors from the World Wrestling Federation.
10. When visiting Japan in 1980, André was too tall to use the toilets. Instead, he had to use the bath tub.
11. Nobody captured the wrestling world’s imagination like André.
12. This photograph of André surrounded by women in towels was taken in 1966 during a fashion exhibit in Paris.
13. André on the ‘Croisette’, the beach boulevard in Cannes, France with a young lady in bikini, 29 July 1967.
14. André next to an old time car.
15. With Debbie Harry.
16. André catches a cab during a visit to New York City in the 1970s.
17. André meets a young fan in the late 1970s.
18. André compared to a fellow wrestler in the World Wrestling Federation.
19. André on a plane traveled to Japan in 1980.
20. André was a big Prankster.
(via All That’s Interesting)